I'm not doing well, and I 'm probably going to have to go into the hospital for awhile. I have been following the regimen of medications given to me by the ER doctor to the letter and have gotten no relief whatsoever. Being an old hat at this, I know what's in store for me when I decide to head back to the hospital...and though at the moment I'm trying like hell to avoid it, I know it's inevitable.
Currently my breathing is so bad that I can't walk or talk much. Movement makes me extremely short of breath. I have to sit very still and not move much at all. I know that I have symptoms of respiratory failure, and I know I need to be intubated again. (That's why I'm holding off on going back to the hospital). I have gone through this many, many times in my life...too many.
I can't smoke, so that's a plus. I do light one and hold it...sometimes take a tiny puff, but not inhale. Pathetic, I know. I'm embarrassed at my own idiocy, but I tell it like it is, even if it makes me look bad. I developed chest pain late last night, and it took 3 squirts with my nitro spray before it subsided somewhat. I know I am in serious hot water this time. And I am very aware that this time, I may not recover from it.
SO I wanted to let you all know, because I truly do care for my friends online. Everytime I sent you a hug or a kiss or told you that I loved you, I meant it!!! You all have enriched my life with your humor, and sharing your lives with me---- and it means a great deal to me. You are all wonderful people, and I am grateful to have met you!
I'm terrifed at the moment that I may not survive this latest round of illness...but I'm not looking for any one of you to feel sorry for me, I'm not looking for attention and I'm not trying to be dramatic. Facts are facts. I screwed up my own health by smoking. It's my own fault. I've got no one to blame but myself. I don't want to die...the idea of it scares me more than words can describe. I don't have a strong religious foundation to lean on for comfort like many folks do. So there's no feeling of a 'safety net'. I know I'm bearing the consequences of my own stupidity....that is, the act of smoking was stupid...I still hold to the opinion that doing stupid things does not make a person stupid overall....LOL I'm not an idiot. I'm not stupid. But in that particular area, I concede.
Hopefully I will return in a few days feeling better and will have kicked the smoking habit once and for all! If I could give up the smoking, it would make this current suffering well worth it.
I wanted to tell you all this myself now, just in case I don't make it...because I know when I don't hear from the people I care about, I worry about them. I'm not going to lecture you on the evils of bad habits like smoking...you're all adults, and unless you've been living under a rock, you know what the facts are-- and you're all responsible for the outcomes of your own lives. I hope you all will take care of your health better than I have done, but even if you don't, I won't love you any less.
I send all my love to each of you:
Isy
Peggy
Lisa
Kris
Karen
Lina
Sue
Nick
Sheri
Janice
Cassee
Jill
Portia (only know your RP name)
Shannon
Claudine (RP)
Mikey
Terri
Scott
SantaDeareat (RP)
Yarho
SweetlyCaroline (RP)
Camille
GG
Lori
WarrenWm.
jinnandtonics
FizzyDuck
RedHatsof NedCo.
You all took the time to be my friends and I adore you all. You have made me laugh, make me think about things and shared your unique perspective on life that I have enjoyed immensely.
If I have not named you, it just means I have a crappy memory and not that this all doen't apply to you. I have almost 400 people who follow me on twitter and I have spoken to many of you directly. I can't possibly name you all, but you know who you are!
Granni Hugs and Kisses!! Hope to see you all real soon.
With All My Heart,
Annie
YOU are loved!
ReplyDeleteHurry back or we'll visit you while you are in your hospital gown.
And post the pics on Twitter.
*<|:{O}>
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Annie. I'll miss you very much and I hope to see you soon again. I look forward to a good update soon. *hugs* Love, Nick
ReplyDeleteHey ~ I just discovered U and want 2 laugh along with U. So come On Back. GrammaGerry
ReplyDeleteI hold you close a friend so dear
ReplyDeleteHear these words, please have no fear
I walk beside you my dearest friend
My love and wishes to you I send
Never ever feel you are alone
For all the love you've always shown
To me and many, hundreds more
We your twitter family all adore
Our @Granni_Annie brave and bold
Now haste ye back you have been told
xxxxx
Love ya, and if you need me and my madness email or get you daughter to...she can print of the crazy reply...I promise not to annoy
@NickDevious [to much] while your away -cough- Oh mind get a new over shoulder boulder holder give the young docs something to look at!!!
love you, and see you real soon
Janice xxxxxxxx
http://www.areyouagoodperson.org/
ReplyDeleteThis is the first time that I have seen one of your tweets and thanks to Nick for tweeting it.
I post the link because I am concerned for your soul. I would not wish dying without Christ on my worst enemy. I pray it is not your time but I want to see and hear that Christ has came into your life, either way.
The link if from http://www.wayofthemaster.com/ home page and is completely safe. I hope and pray you feel well enough to watch it.
I have read your post through a retweet and I want to send you my best wishes. So many people do not think about their online friends when illness strikes and your going to be away and I applaud you on taking the time to send this note to the people that have mattered in your life.... sometimes online friends are more support than friends that are near to us.
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the best and a speedy recovery, please keep positive thoughts in your mind!
Best Wishes
Amanda AKA @Diam_79
I know i have not interacted with you a lot lately, but I'm praying for you!
ReplyDelete{{HUGS}}
@spreadingJOY
My dearest friend Annie, You have been such an inspiration to me through all my sorrows. You've helped me in so many ways, and now I'm coming here with thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I hope that you will tell Amanda to please keep us posted on your update, and keep in touch. I look forward to seeing you ready to kick Twitter in the a?? real soon. Take care my friend and know that God and I both love ya!
ReplyDeleteLove & Prayers,
Peggy (Butterflymom1)
My prayers are with you. I have some what the same problems and am on oxygen myself most the time. You are special and will remain in my prayers. Till we Tweet again....1Warren Hugs
ReplyDeletehurry back! Love your guts!
ReplyDeleteGood LAWD! I feel for you here, CRIPES! The scary stuff that pops up on you when you least expect it, (it's like a bad magic trick)...I'm saying a prayer and I'm gonna keep on saying them till I hear from you again...
ReplyDeleteDont worry about anything more than BREATHING. Your a stubborn dame and I know that if you put your mind to it...it'll happen...so breath.
When you get that all set and steady, then decide to get better and dont let anything stand in the way, cuz I know if your breathing, and you've made up your mind...it'll happen!
I'm crossing all mah fingers and all mah toes..(and yeah it looks mighty funny when I walk) and I'm saying loads of prayers here, I needs mah Grannie!
So, chin up...(cuz ya breath better that way), and push on...do what they tell you, unless its just totally crazy..then tell'em to stick it where the sun dont shine..oooh, what am I sayin? You will..heh heh...
Get better sweetie, we'll be here waiting for you.. :o)
Hey...the release "word" to get my comment posted was tardsmack...TARDSMACK....lol! Yep, just about the most perfect word pick for me. So today imma tardsmack....*giggles*...no, you CANNOT laugh, you have to breath first...Yoooo just get back to suckin in the super healing, extra strength canned air there lady! You and me will have a good giggle together later... :oD
ReplyDeleteGranni can't you just bribe the doctor? WTH? I miss your old crabby ask...Hurry up and get better, so, somebody besides me can give Lisa goofy grief! You are the best, and there is no doubting it! Don't think for one minute that we will let you off the hook, you are a bonafide gang member and we expect to see you back in the action asap! Well, hell old lady, I've rather come to DEPENDS on yer! Love You dearly and sincerely! Please hurry back, my diapers are too dry! <3 Jinnandtonics!
ReplyDeleteMom, I had no idea you posted this, it made me cry right along with the comments your friends posted. I miss you so much. Crappy night time t.v. is just not the same without you by my side. I have seen you in and out of hospitals all my life, you've always came back to us. I KNOW you will do the same this time. I know your exhausted from trying to breathe, so we don't get to talk much...so this is why Im leaving this. I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE YOU and how much you mean to me, there are just no words. When your better and finally at home, you can read this and hopefully get a better idea how important you are to me. Seeing you lie in that bed struggling breaks my heart and I know I smile when you look at me but I cry the whole way home. If I had it my way I would stay with you.You're my partner in crime and I cant wait till you come home!! With that being said..I AM SOOOOOO gonna ride your ass to make sure you take care of yourself!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!
ReplyDelete