Saturday, May 15, 2010

Welcome

Hi and welcome to my blog! Some of you folks know me from twitter (@Granni_Annie) , and I thank you for visiting.

Things have been a bit topsy-turvy around here for the past couple of months. My family and I moved to another state, which was a big pain in the butt, but well worth it now that we've settled in. I must've done too much with the move and all cause I got real sick the 2nd week we were here, and ended up in the hospital. Nothing serious, I had some multi-million dollar equipment analyzing my heart and I should be getting the results in the next few days.

Living back up North after having lived in the South for 13 years is very strange, different and surprising at at times. Down South the ladies (not the girls) were pretty prim and proper...being back up north is like putting on a comfortable old pair of shoes. People here curse in public, and no one bats an eye. The folks here are very friendly, more so than they were down south, believe it or not. In the southern states, folks are fairly suspicious of outsiders. They know by your accent that you're not from "these parts" and some will mumble under their breath about "yankees". But for the most part, the South is beautiful and much slower paced than the rat race of the north. Southerners size you up pretty darn fast by the clothes you wear, your accent and by what church you're affliated with--and heaven help you if you don't belong to a church! They will avoid you like you were the devil himself!

Though I miss the farm, and all the animals we took care of while my landlord was battling cancer, I have come to like this place here with our little one acre yard. I'm sure my new neighbors would be glad we didn't bring the pig and the turkeys with us!

So welcome everyone and come back and visit me now and then. I'll try not to bore you and maybe you'll get a little laugh here and there.

Lots of Hugs!

RIP Jimmy! We love ya and miss ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment