Let's start off with the lawn mower man. Lawn Mower man comes to my house once a week to mow and weed whack (sorry, it doesn't EAT the grass, it WHACKS it). I have a full acre of yard, and with all the rain we got the past week, it had gotten fairly high and thick. Normally he comes on Thurdays, but last Thurs. he was a no-show. By Monday, I was pretty irritated with how my yard was looking and called. "Oh yes! We'll be there this afternoon" So I waited at home...and he didn't show up till 7:30PM. Maybe he thought I had no life.
Let me tell you, he whizzed thru my yard so fast that the grass simply laid down and popped back up after he passed over it. Then, skipping the normal weed-whacking areas, he hurriedly loaded his truck and split. Hmmm...for that I pay 50 bucks? Now my daughter, after a full day of running around to school and back, doing the grocery shopping for me and chasing the kids thru the park-- is out there at dusk re-mowing the yard with a push mower.
The other night, the lid to my kitchen trash can mysteriously opened and closed by itself. No one was around but me and my other daughter, and she saw it too. *shrugs* Okaaay....
Online this morning the headlines included a story about a dairy in Ohio who was secretly filmed abusing their cows. Beating them with crowbars, stabbing them with pitchforks and punching them in the head. WHY???? If this was for their amusement, or some kind of therapeutic way of releasing their stress, I'd like to relieve some of my stress on those people myself! That story made me cry.
One of my favorite bands will be in Indianapolis on June 23rd, (The Moody Blues) and I so wanted to go. But my sister who lives here will be on vacation back to NJ for that week, so I don't get to go. *sigh*
You all know I had tests done two weeks ago for my heart. Well, after all this time, I figured no news is good news... and thought I was in the clear. Nope. The doctor's office called today to tell me my tests were abnormal and I need to come in. Something about a lack of oxygen to my heart....no more details were given, I have to wait till June 8th to get the full story from the doctor himself. Yeah, that will be a relaxing couple of weeks.
Normally I would close this post with some amusing remark, as I have done with the others ...but I don't have any. This world sometimes makes me sick. The troubles going on around us weigh heavy on my soul, like the oil spill in the Gulf...slowly, surely coating everything beautiful in it's sticky, suffocating goo. Some days I have to ask myself, 'why am I here?' then a little voice in the middle of the night will come to me and say, "Gramma, can I sleep with you tonight?" and I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment