
Leave it to my dear friend, 4030lisa to put things in a way to not only make me smile, but think as well. (see comments on last Blog Post)
You are absolutely correct about Mother Nature and her little (or not so little) life lessons. That old broad has got more tricks than I do, and seeing as I am a master of avoidant behavior.... (the Queen-Head-In-The-Sand) I have been a bit ticked off at her keeping me on such a short leash.
I wanted a cigarette so bad, I thought about telling old Mother Nature to blow it out her ass! This thought was amusing to me as I visualized myself lighting up one of my Misty 120's Menthols and blowing that smoke right in her face! Take THAT you old bird! hee hee
Then, of course my imaginings took on a life of their own and before I knew it, Mother Nature was staring me down through narrowed eyes and saying, "Ahem, you little termite... I could blow YOU out of my ass and call it a day!" Followed by some under breath comments about my basic ingratitude, and being childish and a brat. Somehow, picturing myself being blown out of Mother Nature's ass carries no appeal for me whatsoever, and you know I'd come out looking bad in the whole deal.
Today I go for my post-hospital check up to see if I will continue on course, or if I need a bit more tweaking... (maybe an oil change?)
To sum it up, I have always resented life's little intrusions on what I felt was my right to live my life as I chose to. I never appreciated reality tapping me on the shoulder when I was dancing my heart out in the clouds somewhere...(and I was always dancing in the clouds somwhere)!
I guess this snarky old bag has met her match. I need to face reality and accept my role in my own health or I am doomed to repeat this same mistake over and over until it literally kills me. Who the hell wants that??? Time for me to suck it up and quit my bitching, at least on this subject.
I do want to PUBLICLY THANK my dear friend, @jinnandtonics from Twitter, who sent me a gorgeous basket of flowers in the hospital (and they're still quite lovely today) and signed the card from all of you..... "The Gang" Melissa, Jill, Nick, Teri, Lisa, FizzyDuck, SantaDearest and "the rest". I'd get on the SS Minnow anyday with you all for a three hour tour even if we ended up as castaways! How you guys managed to find me, I will never know...but it sure meant alot to me at the time, and will always bring me to tears to think of the day I got flowers from my twitter friends! That was unbelievably awesome!
Hugs and Lots of Granni Kisses!!! XOXOXOXOX
You are absolutely correct about Mother Nature and her little (or not so little) life lessons. That old broad has got more tricks than I do, and seeing as I am a master of avoidant behavior.... (the Queen-Head-In-The-Sand) I have been a bit ticked off at her keeping me on such a short leash.
I wanted a cigarette so bad, I thought about telling old Mother Nature to blow it out her ass! This thought was amusing to me as I visualized myself lighting up one of my Misty 120's Menthols and blowing that smoke right in her face! Take THAT you old bird! hee hee
Then, of course my imaginings took on a life of their own and before I knew it, Mother Nature was staring me down through narrowed eyes and saying, "Ahem, you little termite... I could blow YOU out of my ass and call it a day!" Followed by some under breath comments about my basic ingratitude, and being childish and a brat. Somehow, picturing myself being blown out of Mother Nature's ass carries no appeal for me whatsoever, and you know I'd come out looking bad in the whole deal.
Today I go for my post-hospital check up to see if I will continue on course, or if I need a bit more tweaking... (maybe an oil change?)
To sum it up, I have always resented life's little intrusions on what I felt was my right to live my life as I chose to. I never appreciated reality tapping me on the shoulder when I was dancing my heart out in the clouds somewhere...(and I was always dancing in the clouds somwhere)!
I guess this snarky old bag has met her match. I need to face reality and accept my role in my own health or I am doomed to repeat this same mistake over and over until it literally kills me. Who the hell wants that??? Time for me to suck it up and quit my bitching, at least on this subject.
I do want to PUBLICLY THANK my dear friend, @jinnandtonics from Twitter, who sent me a gorgeous basket of flowers in the hospital (and they're still quite lovely today) and signed the card from all of you..... "The Gang" Melissa, Jill, Nick, Teri, Lisa, FizzyDuck, SantaDearest and "the rest". I'd get on the SS Minnow anyday with you all for a three hour tour even if we ended up as castaways! How you guys managed to find me, I will never know...but it sure meant alot to me at the time, and will always bring me to tears to think of the day I got flowers from my twitter friends! That was unbelievably awesome!
Hugs and Lots of Granni Kisses!!! XOXOXOXOX
No comments:
Post a Comment